Rosemount is a historic plantation house near Forkland, Alabama. The Greek Revival style house was built in stages between 1832 and the 1850s by the Glover family. The house has been called the “Grand Mansion of Alabama. The property was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 27, 1971.
Allen Glover, of Demopolis, gave the 3,000-acre (1,200 ha) property to his son, Williamson Allen Glover, in the early 1830s. The main block of the house, designed in 1832 by state architect, William Nichols, is centered on a prominent star-shaped hill. This main block, with three floors and a mezzanine, was built in 1835. Williamson Allen Glover continued to expand the rear and interior of the house, through successive additions and reconfigurations, up to 1855. He went on to raise a total of sixteen children in the mansion’s twenty rooms.